• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

chains for 5 ton

drjconley

do tires that go on a 5 ton have a m+s rating on the side of the tire? i was especially interested in the super singles. also, i live in california and if there is a chain inspection area that allows 4x4 with snow tires that are carrying chains to continue would a leo have a problem with a 6x6 continuing on. how much are chains for super singles? i am seriously considering purchasing a 5 ton in the next few months, and i drive up to the snow a lot. would the title i.e. commercial, non commercial effect if i would have to chain up in a snow storm.
thank you for all the information, i love this site.
jim

BKubu

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I believe Sam Winer in OH has 1400 X 20 tire chains. I have no idea about the other information. Perhaps, it would be worthwhile to speak with a California Highway Patrol commercial vehicle enforcement officer.

gimpyrobb

dumpsterlandingfromorbit!
I agree. Shipping from here in Ohio for 6 of those chains will be crazy expensive. Does Cali have historical vehicle tags available? I'd go that route. Gets you out of ALOT of hassle here in Ohio.