• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

change oil now or a bit later

Robo McDuff

In memorial Ron - 73M819
Steel Soldiers Supporter
My plan is after replacing the fuel filters and a complete oil change (one time filters, two time oil) I want to do the rest of the drive train as well.

Question is when. Logic and prudence say right now, without delay.

My worries, however, are that with draining and replacing the oil I might start to get leaking seals.

I have to drive the truck to the Dutch DoT for inspection and title within 10 days. I know now that seals are not leaking (or not yet), and the truck is driving OK as far as I can see. I have to drive 10 miles to the test, then 10 miles back to the pick-up point. Once that is completed, the truck goes on transport to the Czech Republic for a full restoration and overhaul and I have no time pressure behind me.

Getting spare parts or repairing seals is not that simple here in the Netherlands, so my thoughts are just to make sure there is enough oil everywhere, and do the rest in the Czech Republic. Or am I over cautious here and seals don't go leaky that quick?

The hydraulics I will do anyway as part of the power steering overhaul needed for the DoT test.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks