• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

changing oil lines any suggestions

choll

Im changing the oil cooler lines on Monday, oil filter to raidiator, anyone have any suggestions before I jump in. Napa had the parts in stock.

Warthog

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Just double check the o-rings. Lube them first. You may need to bend the lines slightly.

Did you get the GEN1 issue figured out?

choll

Warthog
Did not get it figured out spent about another ten hours looking and doing volt and ohms checks. Its getting converted to 12 volts monday along with the oil line change. Then i will be heading on a 9 hour road trip to Mexico.

armytruck63

Whoa, wait a minute! You're not planning to drive your CUCV IN Mexico are you? :shock: I have always been told not to bring any MV into Mexico and I sure wouldn't do it right now. I'm not sure I would even go to Mexico right now (personal opinion).

choll

Never heard that before. Been driving a MV down for about 6 years. This is the first trip for this truck. Going to San felipe I have many friends that have houses down there and there is never any issues. Most of the violence is on the other side of MX. Thanks for the heads up.
Chuck

choll

Well just changed the lines took about an hour no issue. The old one were leaking because they didnt have o rings in them. I guess I have a spare set now. That was only part of the oil leak. I have a leak near the exhaust just above the replaced hoses. Anyone have any ideas i cant see what would be leaking. I am also going to post this under oil leak.

DokWatson

Well just changed the lines took about an hour no issue. The old one were leaking because they didnt have o rings in them. I guess I have a spare set now. That was only part of the oil leak. I have a leak near the exhaust just above the replaced hoses. Anyone have any ideas i cant see what would be leaking. I am also going to post this under oil leak.
The oil filter adapter has a paper gasket and o-rings between itself and the block. I've had oil leaks from there. Napa sells a small block oil filter adapter to engine block mounting kit, comes with all the paper gaskets and o-rings.

Could also be the valve cover gasket, or loose valve cover bolts. Make sure they are snugged down.

And maybe even from the oil idiot light sender, I had a Jeep Cherokee with a sender leak, hard to find at first because you don't immediately think of it.