• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Changing seats and trying to fix a few other things

JohnFire

I am getting new front seats for the M1009 and am wanting to put them in the M1028 for when I goto sell it soon. The bench seat in the M1028 is shot. Nothing but foam and the seat mechanism is shot as well. I am looking for any suggestions. I know I have seen one or two M1028's in GL with bucket seats, but know that this is not common. I couldn't see the general mount holes for bucket seats when I was looking today while fixing some of the little things on the truck. Or would it be better to just find another bench in the junkyard tommorrow when I am off looking for other parts.

I have finally recieved my SF97 for the M1028. Good thing they move fast. LOL I sent it in to GL at the end of march. But with the rising fuel costs and not really having somewhere to keep the truck I unfortunately will be selling it. Right now I am trying to fix some of the small things so that I can get it registered and inspected. This way whoever buys it will have a legal driveable truck. The sad thing is it starts better than my M1009.

I fixed a whole group of problems today when I pulled the dash off and found a disconnected ground. Before when you turned the headlights on the turnsignal indicators would light up and the fuel gauge would drop to read empty and the wipers wouldn't work. 1 ground fixed it all. The head lights are still not right, but I am thinking that is just corroded connections. The driver side head light connector was connected into the wires by blade connectors that were touching. So I have replaced the connectors with solder and shrinktube. I am looking at a new wiper controller and motor since I had to make the washer pump had to be activated by hand.

GM72K10

Steel Soldiers Supporter
You're not too far from Harry's or Joe's easy pull. I've found good bench seats there, especially at Joe's in New Ringold.

hndrsonj

Senior Chief/Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
If I remember right, we used to use the mounts from a bench seat to mount one blazer seat in the 81-87 pickups. You will need two sets of bench seat mounts and a little tweaking is necessary but it is easy to do. They look really good if you get a civilian Blazer center console for between the seats.

Crash_AF

There is a small bracket that is missing to mount the inboard track on each seat. If you can find a Suburban with bucket seats, you can cut it off of the floor and weld it into the pickup.

I'll try to find time to take pics of my Suburban this week to show what I'm talking about.

Later,
Joe

JohnFire

I just got back around 5 from harry's and no luck on finding a new bench, or any other truck that had brackets similar. Darn I should have grabbed the consul that was on the truck I yanked the wiper switch out of. I also got the ignition cylinder with a key, now all I have to do is find one with the door keys. I figure I will sell it with the stuff to re-key it. Or would it be better just to do it and give them the cylinders so that if they want it back to Mil it can be done. I will have to try joes. I have never been there. Any pics would be appreciated. I would rather sell the truck with the buckets out of my blazer which are in good shape rather than try to sell them separately. At least the person will have good seats. Then again I am making too much work for myself on a vehicle I am selling. None of the civilian seat brackets on the blazers looked the same. Go figure.

JohnFire

Well Joe's was a bust, Lots of trucks there but completely scavanged or rusted out. There was alot of stuff that should not be in an auto junk yard. I was surprised how much of a mess it was. You tripped over parts that were scattered everywhere. I found one good suburban that hat that style seats. I see what you mean by having to add the bracketing for the seats. Too bad I don't know or have a Mig welder to do that. So I think I will just put seat covers on over the foam, and let the next owner mess with the seats.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks