• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Changing the belt for the air compressor on a M35A2

hilltopmike

Hi folks,

I am the new proud owner of a 72 AM general M35A2 truck. I have to change the belt for the air compressor, but having any luck getting the front pulley half to turn to back it out to change the belt!
I have read the TM and I made up a wrench for the front half of the pulley and after seeing the photo in the TM I am going to modify mine. I have sprayed penerating oil on it after removing the bolts and its set for a couple of weeks and even used some heat ( propane torch) on the hub of the front half, but still no luck. I have a wrench for the back of the pulley so set there.
Any help, ideas, or other thoughts would be great!!
Thanks
Mike in Washougal Wa :(

Attachments

Floridianson

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Welcome to the board. Did you spray the threads from the back side or in between the pulley? You could cut the old belt off spray threads if not already done and try to work the face in first then out? Good luck