• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

changing water hose on deuce

clinto

Moderator, wonderful human being & practicing Deuc
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
Pull the valve covers off............then unbolt the two water manifolds and try and pull them towards the valve gear as you pivot them up to pull the hoses off

Installation is the reverse.

Watch for broken off bolts when removing the water manifolds, exercise caution.

When finished, look for mud :D

cranetruck

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Yeah, I have changed all those at one time or another. For the hoses, cut to same length as originals and lubricate slightly so that they can slide back and forth as you install them. I cut my own gaskets when needed and use a gasket sealer (T-stat housing).

dirtyfingernails

Bjorn,
So, is it possible to change those hoses without taking that manifold off? I didn't attempt to change mine because I thought you had to pull those to get the hose back on.
Steve

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter

doghead

Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I was able to reuse mine with a light smear of RTV. Some guys have ordered new ones first and others have made their own. Go easy on the bolts in the aluminum manifold.

clinto

Moderator, wonderful human being & practicing Deuc
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
I had a set becuase I bought a head gasket set for when I had to pull my heads.

They would be a reasonably easy gasket to maket......they look like a smaller version of a small block chevy thermostat housing gasket.

cranetruck

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Re: RE: changing water hose on deuce

dirtyfingernails said:
Bjorn,
So, is it possible to change those hoses without taking that manifold off? I didn't attempt to change mine because I thought you had to pull those to get the hose back on.
Steve
Yes, the key is to be able to slide the hose as needed and nothing has to come off. The originals may have to be cut to be removed, though.

Jake0147

RE: Re: RE: changing water hose on deuce

I have a question about the water manifold bolts. I've pulled at a couple of mine, and it didn't feel right, now it's bugging me. (nothing's broken as of yet). I'm wondering if these thread into blind holes, open holes, basically how complex is the drilling and removal process (and what's on the other side of the hole) if I'm stupid and try to remove the manifolds anyway instead doing what I should and doing it the much more practical way?

cranetruck

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter

I would suggest that you use a tap to clean the threads (3/8-16) and the gaskets are easy to cut from gasket material....an exacto knife works great and a punch for the bolt holes.

ida34

I was just looking at mine today. Is the hose 1 3/4 inch? Also, is the hose behind the oil filters 2 inch like the upper radiator hose? I am pretty sure they are but I am eyeballing it.

ida34

Never mind. I searched old posts. Who has the water manifold/jacket gaskets besides Memphis?

doghead

Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter

I would guess Boyce Equipment or Antelope Valley Equipment or maybe White Owl.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks