• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

charging problem Gen#1

LIMVMAN

I pulled the #1 gen lite bulb and it looks good.,...the lite will not come on.But the gen 2 lite come on and goes off when i raise the rpm's...Number #1 gen looks to be rebuilt,,and alt #2 does put out power..Please help

gaunt1969

Pull the alt and have it tested to verify it works at all. Just make shure you tell them they have to hook up the ground wire up to the ground post on the alt and not just to the case. Most part stores will test them for free.
Start there.

burbn10

Mine does that too when I first start my truck. After the engine smoothes out and the rpms raise a little, it goes away and stays away. Alternators need to reach a certain rpm before they self-excite and begin producing current. Is your Gen 2 light coming back on after it goes off?

LIMVMAN

No, only the gen 2 lite comes on and when I raise the RMP"s the lite goes off..No #1 gen lite at all..I pulled the Alt today and will have it tested friday after work.