• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Charging question

Dave 52804

So, I've got a question about the charging system on my 1028. Let me start by saying that the generator lights both work. They both come on when the key is first turned in the ignition. When the truck starts the generator 2 light comes on for a bit, but goes right out when I give it a little gas. When driving the truck neither generator lights come on. The voltage gauge usually shows the needle right on the border between the green and yellow, but sometimes moves right into the middle of the green where it should be. Should I be concerned with this, or should I just keep driving the truck as is? Thanks.

markg

So, I've got a question about the charging system on my 1028. Let me start by saying that the generator lights both work. They both come on when the key is first turned in the ignition. When the truck starts the generator 2 light comes on for a bit, but goes right out when I give it a little gas. When driving the truck neither generator lights come on. The voltage gauge usually shows the needle right on the border between the green and yellow, but sometimes moves right into the middle of the green where it should be. Should I be concerned with this, or should I just keep driving the truck as is? Thanks.
in my experience when the meter is down on the line, you have lost one alternator. when that happens , put your volt meter on each battery and find wich one is not being charged. drivers side alt. charges the front battery, passenger the other. voltage should be 14v + or -. when running. if it gets bad enough your truck wont start. check your battery connections. go from there. there is a lot of info here on the forum to look at. the front battery runs the truck, the back battery runs the starter , but you need both battery's to turn the starter.

Last edited: