• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Cheap IP rebuilds

MATT

Dieselcare.net in Memphis can rebuild injection pumps for whatever specs you need for $265.00 + shipping. I just sent one out and will let you know how it goes!

Just wanted to let you all know.

MATT

No, over the phone/email quote. It sounds like they really know what they are doing. They are a pump/injector specialty shop. I can get a rebuild from napa or carquest for around $700 with my discount! Terrible. And who knows how long it has been sitting on the shelf. I will let you know how it goes.

Any word yet? Mine is needing to be r&r'd, leakin at the throttle shaft. I'm calling one of the diesel places here in town tomorrow but if they're anything like any of the other mechanic shops around, this'd be a LOT cheaper. I'm also going to be checking around for a rebuild kit, so I can do it myself and save some $ hopefully.

dilvoy

MATT, Check with those rebuilders to see if they can use any of the inner parts that are used for making the Arctic version of the DB2, that is used in the Humvee's. I have heard that this Arctic version won't be hurt when using with low sulphur diesel.

xm708

db2 rebuild

I just had one rebuilt at seacoast fuel injection in maine. I had one that had set for two years fired her up and full throttle she went. long story short ray rebuilt mine witha complete new housing for $375. you can do it cheaper but check and see if they are fixing the throttle shaft or replacing the case. I would recommend ray to anybody I just medically retired from the coast guard as a diesel mechanic and he did all my injectors on our alco's and never had an issue. he is in eliott maine if you can't find somebody use him.

good luck
ed

CGarbee

RE: db2 rebuild

Chason Diesel Injector Service in Garner are the go to guys in the Raleigh NC area... I send everything injector pump related to them... Last one was a Bosch VE pump off a Cummins B engine and it ran right at $300 including tax for a complete reseal and adjust... The prices are about the same for the GM pump... Have yet to take them one from a Duece, but they are familiar with them since they perform rebuilds on them for the Guard...

Just got off the phone with A&M Diesel here in town. I've done business with em before and never had any problems so we'll see how it goes. He said figure around $500, which is a little higher than I would've liked but they're right down the street and can have it done lickety split. Stanadyne authorized service place too. Now to get the money and a ride while that's gettin done. :)

MaximumBob

Re: db2 rebuild

xm708 said:
I just had one rebuilt at seacoast fuel injection in maine. I had one that had set for two years fired her up and full throttle she went. long story short ray rebuilt mine witha complete new housing for $375. you can do it cheaper but check and see if they are fixing the throttle shaft or replacing the case. I would recommend ray to anybody I just medically retired from the coast guard as a diesel mechanic and he did all my injectors on our alco's and never had an issue. he is in eliott maine if you can't find somebody use him.

good luck
ed
Quick Question - My M1008 doesn't look like it has been run in a while - the date on the fuel filter is 7/2005. A buddy of mine told me that the fuel in the Injection Pump will gel and when the motor is fired, the gel inside the IP will trash the pump. What my buddy described sounds consistent with the [IP Rebuilding] post above. Has anyone else heard of this?

Also, again according to my buddy, the cure is to pull the injectors and flush the old fuel out of the IP by cranking the engine - he's even got a reciepe for some diesel-fuel-based cleaner that you're supposed to suck through the IP (by cranking the engine). Supposedly, by pulling the injectors and running fuel through the [now open] injector lines, the pressure inside the IP is reduced and it won't hurt it to flush out the gel.

This all sound: (1) reasonable? and (2) necessary?

Thanks,

Bob

Jacksonville, FL

alphadeltaromeo

dilvoy said:
MATT, Check with those rebuilders to see if they can use any of the inner parts that are used for making the Arctic version of the DB2, that is used in the Humvee's. I have heard that this Arctic version won't be hurt when using with low sulphur diesel.
Low sulfur diesel...is it recommended to add oil when using that in the multifuel, or just run it as normal?

CCATLETT1984

alphadeltaromeo said:
dilvoy said:
Low sulfur diesel...is it recommended to add oil when using that in the multifuel, or just run it as normal?
The multi shouldn't have an probs with the new fuel, since ther are of a different design. Dumping in a little oil or "power service" wouldn't hurt though.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks