• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Cheap Replacement Battery Box

joshs1ofakindxj

Cheap, free, borrowed, whatever.

My battery box is about the only thing rotten on my truck (see picture).

I got to thinking and did some measurements and found I had a heavy duty plastic tote that fit the bill as a replacement!

The black plastic box is a shipping container used by a nation wide auto parts retailer chain to ship their parts to the stores. This one is the smallest size they use. It had a 2 piece folding lid but those had to be removed. I'm sure it's good for cold weather too because back in the day I used to unload these from trucks and they would be full of heavy parts and we would rough them up pretty good.

Hit up your local auto parts store and beg for one if you're in need of a low budget battery box.

Attachments

joshs1ofakindxj

Haha, I knew I posted this for a reason!

I'll have to run a few holes in it next time I'm in deuce modding mode.

I bet there is already some liquid in there from the extra large coffee I dumped in the cab due to lack of cup holders.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks