• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Check Engine Light M1083 C7 Cat

acropilot

Had the Check Engine light and inlet heater light come on during the last couple of times i drove the truck. Decided to take it in to the local Cat Dealer. The sensor was bad and the relay was fried. 24V relay on 2 AWG wire. The wire was brittle. The parts totaled about $50 and about $500 worth of labor. Ouch.

acropilot

I hear you Superman. The price we gotta pay if we wanna play with the big boys.
It would be nice if we had easy access to the Cat Diagnostic tool. I inquired about it. The subscription is $1500 annually, plus another $900 for the cable. That is just for the Cat C7 engine. Do you know of any good aftermarket diagnostic software and hardware?

Hope all is well with you?

I'll be installing the winch after my camping trip later this month.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks