• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Check that throttle linkage, folks!

tjcouch

I was driving in to work yesterday and the deuce went to WIDE OPEN THROTTLE while in traffic, in a school zone. As it turned out the throttle linkage had just slipped off (loose nut) the throttle body and the butterfly valve opened up since the return spring in on the linkage, and not on the valve.

I am sure my eyes were as big as saucers - I thought I had a run-away on my hands!

I pulled the fuel cut-off and it shut down as usual, and I coasted off of the road. I just slipped the linkage back on, and tightened up the clamp-nut assembly and was on my way.

Whew!

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks