• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Check this out!!! New use for 1958 M54

70deuce

Ever see a 5 ton cargo tow a 50,000 lb Navy E-2 Hawkeye!!!! Check the picture. We were 10 seconds from using the old iron to repostion the E-2 after a the wimpy tug in the first picture flamed out and died. The truck is from the Colorado Military Vehicle Collectors of Colorado (MVCC) who attended the Rocky Mountain Airshow in Denver. The plane had to be moved quickly from the spot in the picture so we jumped in when the tug fissled out almost right in front of our camp/display. The aircraft commander thought about it for a second and said "hook it up". A proper tug showed up shortly after and we stood down but we sure did a once in a great time picture opportunity!!! The deuce in the picture was parked in the corner of the great area the airport gave us for the event. The event pictures will follow shortly and will be submitted on this post in the upcoming events forum. Lots of pics to come.

Rocky Mountain Airshow, Denver 22-23 Aug

Attachments

70deuce

I met the crew when they landed and we enjoyed their company off and on for the whole weekend. They sort of destroyed our adult beverage supply. Good to see nothing has changed!!

41cl8m5

I thought all M35'S were 2 1/2 tons. Yes it was a great static display from the MVCC. wish I could have been there to see that.

vtdeucedriver

Think all you guys are confused between the M35 and a M54....................again all you deuce owners have LUG NUT envy!!!

Ferroequinologist

Resident railroad expert
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I met the crew when they landed and we enjoyed their company off and on for the whole weekend. They sort of destroyed our adult beverage supply. Good to see nothing has changed!!

Everyone take note- don't leave Naval personnel around alcoholic beverages, especially free ones. I've drank my way around the world! Er, SAILED my way around the world! :grin:

Lew Ladwig

I think the 5 ton was overkill. All we needed was my jeep!
You laugh at that ?
Here is the proof:
[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=47zHi9tUdL8&feature=related[/media] :grin:

Lew