• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Check Those Defroster Hoses

SasquatchSanta

If you've ever wondered why your defrosters don't measure up to the task I may have discovered the reason.

In an attempt to free space under the hood I am installing the deuce heater under the dash. Given I've got the motor and transmission out, now is the time to do under dash work. With the transmission tunnel cover removed I can stand on the ground and work on the underside of the dash and firewall.

Anyway, while moving the heater plumbing I found several mouse and chipmunk nests in the defroster hoses. Even with the hoses removed it took several minutes with an air hose to remove all the nest material. We got a small waste basket full of nest material. No wonder the defrosters were puny.

On another note --- does anyone know what the two items in the attached pictures are?
Both items are located on the drivers side of the engine compartment. The item with two wires running to it is on the top of the firewall and the other item is bolted to the fender splash panel down by the firewall.

Attachments

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks