• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Cheyenne WY, 1422 deuce miles

hndrsonj

Senior Chief/Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Well a special thanks to 73M819, Twright, CARNAC, and JoeM62. We spent all day finishing loading the M35A2C, pickup, and cargo trailer (just finished a little while ago). The plan is to head west about 0430. Ron, Wendi, and I are going. About ready to hit the shower and go to bed, I think we are all pretty beat. Will post updates daily. :driver:

hndrsonj

Senior Chief/Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Change one. We have a major problem with one of the rear ends. Sounds like a spider gear going out. When doing right turns the rears bind up bad and there is a popping that shakes the whole rear of the truck. RT rear hub is too hot to touch. We made 45 miles checking constantly. Since we are so time critical we returned home dropped the dropside and are headed back other truck/trailer are fully loaded. We'll have PB take the dropside instead of the M59. We'll park it at Twright's house and get that one later.

CARNAC

The Envelope Please.
Supporting Vendor
Sorry to hear about it Jim. That sucks. So the deuce is on the Landoll. The M59 is/will be at Tonys. So now the intent is to get the M59 operational and drive it out in the future?

Oh, and for the record, I showed up late. Oooops.

timntrucks

Steel Soldiers Supporter
most sorry to hear about murphy coming early. but better than later.. good luck and keep us posted if you can. or you can call me and ill post your progress Tim

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Wow, a cross country drive in the M59 gasser would be totally cool. I used to have an M59 or two!

hndrsonj

Senior Chief/Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
We are sitting 120 miles from Kansas city for the night. Before we left the 2nd time we shifted some stuff in the trailer (It's way full). The dropside is packed with tools/parts, that's the biggest reason I am sending it up north. The M59 will probably be shipped after we get to WY and the move is mostly done. We should be in Cheyenne tomorrow night. I think MACCUS is arriving Wed afternoon. Then probably a Thurs depart (assuming we find a place to rent).:cookoo:

hndrsonj

Senior Chief/Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Good luck Bro...hope that truck ain't loaded TOO heavy...LOL.
It's all the light stuff: Hyd press, cherry picker, welders, torches, metal shelving etc, etc, etc. :cookoo: We actually quit loading tools because the weight was becoming too much for the truck/trailer.

hndrsonj

Senior Chief/Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
We got here late last night. We rented a 4 bedroom, 3 ba, 2 car garage on 4 acres. Started unloading just as Maccus pulled in. We're fully unloaded, currently sitting around BSing.

papabear

GA Mafia Imperial 1SG
We got here late last night. We rented a 4 bedroom, 3 ba, 2 car garage on 4 acres. Started unloading just as Maccus pulled in. We're fully unloaded, currently sitting around BSing.

If you are having a contest...I bet that ole rascal Maccus wins (BSing I mean):-D

Wait til next month...he's gonna meet his match:jumpin:

Attachments

91W350

Maccus is a great guy, I really enjoyed my time with him and his lovely bride. I need to get back up that way, when the weather is not quite as rough as my last visit. Glad all is well. Glen

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks