• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Choctaw Reliability

galaxie428

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I have 3 of these units that I use to heat a big barn and sometimes 1 for my garage. When they work, they work awesome but it seems like I'm always having to take them apart and work on them. I don't use them that often. Does anyone else have the same issue or does yours just work all the time?

Mine is usually the ignition transformer. They all have new ignition transformers but something makes then stop working or makes something between there and the ignitor in the tube stop working. I take the ignition xfmr out and test them and they work fine. After I fiddle with them and unplug the plugs from them and the igniter, it all magically works again for a while. It's very frustrating. We have a Halloween party coming up and I had to take two of them apart again to get them working. Will they work the day of the party? It's a crap shoot.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks