• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Christmas Parade Glasgow, KY

buzzbike71

My staff and I won the Grand Marshal Award last night in the Glasgow, KY parade. It is the largest nighttime parade in KY. This meant alot to me, for several reasons. The parade theme was "All American Christmas" Therefore we thought it would be a great opportunity to use my M715 and my Deuce, to honor our soldiers. I am a Radiation Oncologist and have been working in Glasgow for 8 years now, so I requested all of my patients, and family members of those who have lost their battle with cancer, to bring in service photos. I was happy to see that we received over 60 pictures ranging from pre-WWII to Iraq and Afghanistan. We framed their pictures to use as ornaments to hang on two Christmas trees (one from the wagon, and one in the deuce) Then I put together a Powerpoint presentation with each person's picture, name, rank and branch. We then projected the presentation onto a "wall above the mantle" on the float. The pictures changed out every 15 seconds. My therapist and best friend, Retired Chief Petty Officer Vince Mitzan, stood on the float and saluted, individually, each and every picture (over a 2 mile course). We then played the Christmas Album of the U.S. Soldiers Chorus and Band over loudspeakers mounted on the m715. It was truly a spectacular event, with a multitude of staff, family members, and patients working for weeks to make it happen. I am going to (attempt) post pictures.

I do want to also thank all the individuals on this site who have &/or are serving our military. Words cannot express the gratitude that I and my family have for the sacrifices you make everyday, to give us all the opportunity to live in the greatest country on Earth

Attachments