• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Civilian H1 hood to military 998 hood

dcartledge

What steps would one take to convert a civ H1 hood to a 998 hood?

Is it simply to install the appropriate b/o drive light and bridge plate? Or are ther other more subtle differences that should be remedied?

Thanks for info,
d

nattieleather

I'm no expert so don't take my word as the finial say, but it is my understanding that booth the military vehilce and the civilian one used the same body parts to a point. Doors and back tops being different, but the body, hood windshield where all the same. Therefore I would think add composite lights, b/o drive and bridge plate. Cammo or OD it and you should be good to go.

DSO_351

Headlight buckets on early H1s used same buckets with connectors. A pigtail then converted to 3 pin spade on the light itself. Military uses a round canon waterproof 7 pin(?) plug. Civilian uses GM metricpack connectors. Clearance lights use a separate ground, and powerfeed. H1's use the two pin trailer pigtail.