• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Civilian pump to CUCV?

T_F_E

Hey I just pulled an injector pump off a civilian 6.2 suburban. The pump is a stanadyne DB2, I was wondering what would be involved to put it on my m1009? Also I dont see any timing marks on the civilian pump.

Any help would be much appreciated,
Mike

3dubs

There is a number after DB2 that shows how it is set up. The civi is plobably set at a lower fuel rate, But the CUCV use the heavy duty. If the truck's vin has a j designation it is a J block or heavy duty. A Suburban is most likely a J but check it.

Westech

CPL
the cucv is 12v.. its a swap. The hummer pump is 24 volt. the way you can tell is the 24v pump has the military wire connectors. and timing is the same, but when you change pumps the timing marks mean NOTHING! They will get you close but you will have to get it timed. Some people cam do it by ear (like me) but I have 15 years in the tech biz.

T_F_E

Thanks a bunch!

One more question... On the left side of the pump on my m1009 there are vacuum lines, On the suburban one there are electrical what is that for?

Last edited:

Westech

CPL
The burb prob had the 700r4 trans.. no need for a vacuum source for the trans. The cucv uses the TH400 and that has a vacuum modulator to help control shift points and line pressure. Like what Ken said.. just take it off and put on the vacuum controller. You will need to play with it to get the shift points right.

T_F_E

I did the swap and it was really easy, also did valve cover gaskets. Now the truck doesn't leak diesel or oil and fires right up! thanks everyone for their help. Now I have a problem with my tail lights, all the lights work fine on the truck except my tail lights dont come on when the lights are on. Any ideas?

AZDeuce

T F E

Just went thru the tail light problem on my M884, the flashers worked - which use the same bulb/fliliment as the brakes - but NO brake lights.

My nephew tells me, "pull the wires off the brake light switch, and connect them with a paper clip, if they come on your switch is bad. If not you need to look elsewhere."

Darn if he wasn't right, I reached up under the dash pulled the wires off the switch and connected them with a paper clip - WOO-HOO! They lit up! $8.00 for a new switch, and 20 minutes later I was back in business.

Try that test first so you can eleminate the switch, before chasing all the wires.

Hope this helps

Ken_86gt

Do the parking lights on the front work (not the left and right marker lights)? It looks like they are powered by the same wire as the taillights. If the front ones work I would suspect the bulbs in the taillights first.

The wiring diagrams are found in the TM 9-2320-289-20, which can be found from the resources section of this website. The pages that contain the diagrams in question are the Appendices F-13 and F-14.

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks