• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Civvy battery for those with plastic battery boxes

Crawdaddy

My Deuce has a plastic battery box. I've read on the forum that Group 31 batteries fit fine in the metal battery box, but not in the plastic one. This is true, they won't from what I've seen. I also have a tmamerica 12V alternator setup on my deuce, so I need a separate 12V battery. A friend of mine works at Auto Zone, and I lent him the battery box to try to find a civvy battery that will fit 3 in the plastic battery box, and he did.

He was able to fit 3 Group 65 batteries in it. It has 850 CCA 1000 CA, and 150 min of reserve capacity. The batteries fit perfectly front to back and side to side. I think I'll only need to put a single strap across the length of the battery tray in the center to hold them down. Here's how it looks in the tray:
battery tray group 65.jpgbattery group 65 closeup.jpg

welldigger

This is good to know. I have been tossing around the idea of adding a second alternater. Where in louisiana do you live if you don't mind me asking?