• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

CJ 10 Dimensions and Specs?

aximony

I can't seem to find any information on this anywhere online.

Does anyone know the dimensions of the CJ10 or 10-A?

I'm mostly interested in:

Track width?

Wheelbase?

Overall Width?

Overall Length?

saddamsnightmare

May 14th, 2010.

Aximony:

:-? Was it military? Or civillian. Do you mean the old "Scrambler" which was a stretched CJ-7? Or is it one of the towmotors one sees turn up on GL now and then?

aximony

If I'm not mistaken, the Scrambler was the CJ8 (slightly longer than the CJ7).

The CJ10 was available as a pickup for the civilian market - albeit mostly for export - and was used as a tow vehicle for the military market. It's the one with the unappealing front grill, and square headlights on the fenders.

Both versions should have the same track/tread width, shouldn't they?

I'm looking for a 3/4 - 1 1/2 ton truck that has roughly a 67" track width.

The CJ7 and CJ8 are in the neighborhood of 50".

Last edited:

DrJekl

The CJ10A has a rear width of about 82" if you still have the original D70 in it. The front is the same as a Wagoneer width wise. They are about as long as a CJ5.

The civilian truck would have a D44 front and rear that is about 63" wide.

I am in the process of building one now. I bought two out of Pensacola NAS a few years back.

DrJekl

I have three SD33s right now. Good engines but zero on the power side with the TF727. Maybe with the right gear and a manual they'd be okay. I know guys that have them in IHC scouts that rave about them.