• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

cleaning up the fuse panel

dstang97

Is there any special tools to clean the contacts on a fuse panel? I am starting to have problems with some stuff in there. I'm loosing lights and not realizing it until later.

ODdave

sounds dumb but works great, aluminum brightner, then rinse with water. dry with the air compressor then hose it all down with WD40.

rlwm211

If you have an electronics supply in the area you can get a can of "contact cleaner". The stuff used to be known as "tuner cleaner" when everyoine had rotary dial tv's . The stuff is expensive but it removes the corrosion and then leaves a coating that inhibits corrosion after it evaporates. The stuff is pretty smelly so I would use it with the doors open, and probably put some newspapers on the floor underneath to catch the excess that runs off.

Hope this helps.

RL

1986Blazerk5

If you have an electronics supply in the area you can get a can of "contact cleaner". The stuff used to be known as "tuner cleaner" when everyoine had rotary dial tv's . The stuff is expensive but it removes the corrosion and then leaves a coating that inhibits corrosion after it evaporates. The stuff is pretty smelly so I would use it with the doors open, and probably put some newspapers on the floor underneath to catch the excess that runs off.

Hope this helps.

RL
Is this the stuff you are talking about? They have it at O'rielly Auto Parts for $5.99 a can, i have used it before and it works good

CRC Industries 5103 - QD Electronic Cleaner | O'Reilly Auto Parts

rlwm211

That should work fine.

As I recall the fuse panel has the plug in type of fuses and they are 1/4 inch lugs. You can use a piece of sand paper folded in half to clean the terminals if need be if the cleaner does not work.

2cents

RL