• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Clicking sound from the Control box under the dash

visualg

Guys, somewhat newbie to the humvee.. Going thru the humvee, fixing all the little Demil crap that was done, replacing hoses, and changing out fluids, etc.. One thing that I noticed when its running, there's a clicking sound from the Control Box under the dash, maybe every 10 secs or so.. Sounds like a clunk or click.. Just wanted to check if anyone else has that before I spend a few hours trouble-shooting it. lol

TOBASH

Father, Surgeon, Cantankerous Grouch
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Your PCB EESS might be failing. You are hearing the internal relays clicking

You should either replace it with a unit you can make or contact me and I’ll sell you one.

The DIY replacement units are more robust.

Starting at post 51 you will see schematics and a parts list. I created this schematic with others on the forum. It is “freeware”.

If it is beyond you, PM and and I’ll sell you one.

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks