• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

CLIP, SPRING TENSION BLAST SHIELD M1045A2 advise

JetbikeAnt

Good morning all. As previously stated I'm going to a DOD Roof without Turret hole and storing the original up armored Roof. I'm currently putting together a parts list. My question comes from the exploded view of the Roof. Please see attached. Do I really need to install the Clip, Spring tension Blast Shield Part # 12339569? I would, but it looks like you have to drill and rivet it on. Their also showing using some spot weld cutting Tool which is really puzzling for why this is needed on a new Roof. I'm pretty much a purest, but I do not like the fact that I would have to drill my new Roof, but will if needed. I can't find anything on this in the TM. I look forward to your advice and a picture of what it looks like installed would be awesome as well. On my Truck the Goofy PO riveted a long plate in that area trying to keep the Rain out of the Slant Back. Problem for me is I cannot see the Blast shield clip due to this and I want to head off any surprises before I swap them out. I guess the long and the short of it is does it need to be installed on a Truck I'm hoping not to have to take to War?

Attachments

JetbikeAnt

Hello Retiredwarhorses, Thanks for the reply! It is a Missile Truck. From what your saying since the Military took my Tow Missiles, LOL I do not need to reinstall it on my new Roof correct?

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks