• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Clips for Mounting Hardtop to Windshield

Craig C

I want to mount the hardtop I have on my Deuce. To do this you need the "L" clips for the underside of the top of the windshield frame so that the nuts/bolts are level on the underside.

Does anyone know who has or where I can get the clips and how many I'll need?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

ken

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I didn't have the clips for eather of my trucks. I just put 3/8 bolts in it with flat washers. They have held tight for years now.

m16ty

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Ok guys, I've brung this thread back from the dead. I was looking at installing a hardtop today. I'm confused about the windshield bolts. I see the hole in the top of the windshield but there doesn't seem to be any way to get to the bottom to install a regular bolt. Am I missing something?

jimm1009

windshield bolts

The bolts go from the bottom side of the top of the windshield frame up through to the top and the nuts actually go on top inside the channel of the top.
The head of the bolt rests against the L clip.
I can take a picture tommorrow if you need but it is an easy installation.
See the two page PDF attachment. Items #3 & #13.
I have seen three military installed hard tops and they did not use items #1 & #2.
They are really not needed with the other two bolts but that is up to you.
Jim :smile:

Attachments

Last edited:

m16ty

Steel Soldiers Supporter
halftrack, I looked at your pic but I don't think my top has the pieces of angle on it for the J blots to go through as in your pic. All I saw was two holes that went through the top and the rubber that I figured lined up with the holes in the top of the windshield.