• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Clutch Repacement and brake booster question

abh3

Well, tonight I finally got around to pulling the engine for replacement and found that the 6000 mile truck has what looks like an 80,000 mile clutch on it, not much left to the 'pucks' and the four finger pressure plate is pretty worn, mabye even 3/32 gone where the clutch ran... So much for just a swap out so is there an easy part number for the clutch and pressure plate or is this a rebuild deal? The flywheel on the replacement engine looks good and I have an almost new throwout bearing so that's not the issue, just the disc and pressure plate...

If it's a rebuild deal there are some reline outfits aroud her but is there a quicker alternative at a somewhat reasonable cost?

Also, this truck has two brake boosters on it, unlike the the other one I have, what's up with that?

Thanks for your time.

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
2 boosters means it has the split brake system, much safer. Should be a "Brake" idiot ligt in the dash.

hndrsonj

Senior Chief/Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Does anyone have a place/part number for the upgraded master cylinder to purchase?

clinto

Moderator, wonderful human being & practicing Deuc
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
Saturn has the pressure plate and disc. It goes without saying you should have the flywheel resurfaced. I'd probably do a new pilot bushing (or bearing, I don't know which they have).