• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

CMVPA recovery and transport mission

DeuceNewb

Well we had a long day today. Picked up 2 105's from lejune and took 2 deuces from wilmington to clayton, and a 3rd onto chapel hill with one of the 105's. What a day....one thing after another. Today started at 7:00am and just got home at 11pm. I think it's safe to say all involved are beat. The story and all the pics to come tomorrow, right now it's time for some sleep.

DeuceNewb

Well first off I would like to thank
rob Jopek

nelson beck
For their driving efforts and also
jay bennett for the mechanical assistance.
And of course my dad Warren as well since I couldn't get off work to bring back my truck.

I had to work monday, along with my brother, leaving my dad by himself to recover 2 105's from lejune in jacksonville and bring back our 2 deuces and robs deuce from wilmington. I've giving him a few driving lessons, so he had maybe 20 miles of driving expierence before this 160 mile trip.
Rob and Nelson stepped in and offered to drive and help out. They assisted my dad in 2 oil changes in wilmington before departure.
The day started at 7am monday morning. it rained the entire 12 hours of the supposed 3 hour recovery trip of the hardings 2 m105 from lejeune. delays ranged from heavy rain, tipped over pig truck on 258 to our parts roundup at white owl. We made it all the way into clayton when the 109 developed a coolant leak from one of the hoses and at the same time we recieved a call that a fellow mv owner from florida had broken down a couple of miles away. I headed out to clayton to meet up with them and i gotta say the cmvpa pulled together and did a great job. We got both trucks back on the road after some coolant and gasket in one and three hours of brake work on the other.
Once again I feel I just have to say that what a great group of guys the cmvpa is. I am lucky to belong to a club where its members will go out of their way to help each other and fellow MV owners out.

Here are the pics from rob, my dad should be giving me some more pics later. Note the look of enthusiasm on my dads face for his first solo deuce trip.

*Wanted to also add that the spills you see in the pictures were cleaned up, we did not leave a mess when we left.

Attachments

Last edited: