• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Coleman G40 F

Hi,
I have a Coleman G40 F (type mb4) aircraft tug which I have had for a year or so and I was wondering if anybody else out there has one? It originally came from RAF Lakenheath, which I am sure many of you know is the biggest USAF base here in in the UK. It is fitted with a Dodge 318 and is basically in a rusty (but improving) running condition. I know that there is at least one other in the country but am unable to track that one down
This means that every time there is a problem I have to try to sort it out myself as there is nobody else to ask! For instance as I only have a manual for the tug with the six pot engine I don't know what the light on the top of the dash is for, high beam or ignition - there are no wires attached to it.
The work carried out so far is listed below

Starter motor full of water -replaced
Coil,died on me for no reason - replaced
Alternator,seized - replaced
Fuel pump, lazy - replaced
Water pump,seized - replaced
Brake master cylinder,leaky - replaced
Exhaust, fell to pieces - stainless one fabricated
Carb, worn out and leaky - overhaul
Doors,rusted at bottoms - patched and painted
So as you can see it has taken a lot of mine and other peoples time so a point in the direction of somebody who has some knowledge of these things or even the availability of any spares would be very helpful
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks