• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Colorado Title Info

KaiserM109

I know that several people have titled trucks and trailers in Colorado. I can't believe that everyone has been getting the run-around like I have. I am mad enough to chew the heads off of nails!

Questions:
Do you have to have VIN inspection on Trucks?
Do you have to have VIN inspection on Trailers?

If 'Yes' do you take your truck/trailer somewhere? If so where? If yes, what do you do about no license plate?

Will they go to a storage location to do a VIN inspection?

If 'No' who do you talk to at the state to get it sorted out?

I am trying to title a trailer that I got at Ft. Carson, CO. A woman named Joyce at the Motor Vehicle Title Section told me no; I had the woman at the Adams County Dept of MV talk to her and fax her the info, including my SF97.

I got a notice from the state saying that they need a VIN inspection. Joyce can’t be reached. Everybody else acts like they have never heard of surplus government equipment.

Is there some secret door I missed?

Arlyn

reitenger

I got my 103A3 from Carson and had to have a vin inspection. When I did it, I could either make the appointment and they would show up or I could take it to them. I took it to the state trooper barracks off of Vasquez where it hits 76. Have to come up Vasquez from 270 to get in there. Might just give them a call and they can tell you how it's done now. I have also had great success getting stuff through the DMV office off of 120th and Sheridan. I'm talking about stuff I couldn't even get past the front door of other offices.

m376x6

VIN inspections can be done by both local police and county sherrifs departments. A certified VIN inspection for a Bonded Title requires a certified and trained inspector. These had been exclusively State Patrol, but after enormous lines and being deluged with inspections they began certifying and authorizing local and county personnel to do certified inspections. It is difficult to say what the latest changes to how the state requires the counties to title a vehicle are. It is the county in which you live and not the state that processes the paperwork. Generally a Bonded title application and also an SF97 must be sent in to the state to receive a title. The first and only person to talk to is your county clerks office. In the past a simple vin inspection was all that was required and not a certified inspection. The state of Colorado and its employees are generally lost and incompetent and wouldn't be able to distinquish their butts from a hole in the ground sitting on both hands palms up.

m376x6

One more thing to add. Some local police departments and a few County Sherrifs offices have begun to charge a fee for a LIO to show up at your location.

Regards,
M376X6

mcmullag

titling a deuce

Arlyn,
bulldogmack13 (Jay) may be able to help you with info, he has more experience with registering trucks and trailers here than me.
Here is some info that may help you....I had problem in April in registering a deuce I bought from Jay, it was not his fault at all, he had the vehicle registered in his name just fine and gave me a Colorado Title they had just issued in Feb or March, but when the lady punched in the info for me, she did not like the VIN info and went to a supervisor and they said I needed a VIN inspection and they gave me a form which could be filled out by a dealer.
I was able to go to a large local Jeep Dealer and one of the service writers did a VIN inspection for me. I pointed out the number stamped on the left front frame ara and he put that on the form and signed it and put his dealer number on it and it worked fine.
Appears the problem was, the first title had the whole long number off the data plate on the dash. The state was satisfied with just the smaller in length number off the frame ( which is like just the 2nd half of a long list of characters on the data plate).

Hope this helps you,
Glen

co_rotorhead

I have received a title for both my M35 and 105. For each, I went to the DMV to get temporary tags - you can get either 30 or 90 day temps - for the 90 day temps, you have to pay the entire registration fee - with my insurance card (AAA) and GL bill of sale (just the invoice with the price paid, year of the vehicle and VIN).

With the temp tags, you can then drive the vehicle to the DMV for a VIN verification - about $12 I think - and to get the truck smogged. Once the SF-97 comes, you can get the permanent registration and plates.

Aside from a bunch of running around, the folks at the Arapahoe DMV were very helpful and the process was reasonable smooth.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks