• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Combat rims

FreightTrain

Banned
I currently have the high bid on a pair of Combat rims that fit a deuce and a half and was wondering a few things.How do these things go together?Tube no tube.Dual or super singles(Staying 9.00x20).Do they assemble just like a standard Split ring rim with the exception of bolting the ring on?

DDoyle

Supporting Vendor
If you are referring to the true combat rim (WWII-style)....if you unbolt the ring of bolts around the perimeter, the ring will come off. Then, as the tire comes off, you'll find that there is a steel band inside the tire. This band is trapped between the beads of the tires. The idea is, that if the tire is punctured, the beads are firmly clamped between the rim, the band, and the ring - so the tire won't "walk off" the rim if you continue to drive.

HTH,
David

Towman2277

Most combat rims are tubeless, but some have the holes to runs tubes (ie. bigger hole for valve stem of tube to fit into). They normally have a rubber seal or RTV sealent between the two halves to make a tight seal on tubeless applications.

builder77

In Memorial
In Memorial
Do you think you will be able to find enough of these in the future to make a set? Kind of hard to find from what I hear.

FreightTrain

Banned
Well,Thanks to Blake I think I now know what the rims came on.M20 Armored Car and M10 Ammo Trailers.Found some pictures and they look identical to the ones on Evil bay.Sweet!

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks