• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Commercial Servicing..

tamangel

Are most diesel truck repair facilities able to do major/minor servicing on Deuce components? I was curious about any major rebuilds or even minor stuff when you are on a road trip and have a breakdown. How about the availability of spares/parts/etc..? Or is it up to the owner to come up with parts and they will do the 'spin wrenches' part..? I appreciate the network that this forum provides. Have any of you folks hired out on an hourly basis in your neighborhood area's if needed..? ':D' Any war stories appreciated..

Mike

jasonjc

I don't think any of the newer shop can work on a deuce. There is no place to plug the computer into it. :p As for parts they are out there but once again the deuce is not on the computer so they can't look up parts.

Barrman

Once you drive one around and spend a few months here, you will figure out what parts are most likely to cause you trouble on a trip. Preventative maintenance is the key though. Fluids, lubricants, brakes, hoses and tires. Take care of them at home and not much is left to fail on the road.

Most of us have either helped and or been helped by other members here in the past. Many if not all of us will help another with no thought to payment.

But, there is a line between "help" and "work on." If you bring your truck to my house and ask me to help you do something, I will. If you show up, drop it off and then leave expecting me to do the work. You better be ready to pay me for my time. I think most of us look at it pretty much the same way. At least the members I have met and worked with do.

tamangel

No prob Barrman, I would be there to help if I could but would expect to pay the going rate also....no substitute for local knowledge and expertise..Just curious how it worked..

Mike

acetomatoco

standard lecture.. Get the maintenance manuals.. the 10-20 and 34 and study them... almost everything on the Deuce can be fixed with common hand tools.. Working on these units is good for BP and demeanor... they are very user friendly...dirty hands are the sign of an organized mind.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks