• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Common Fuel Rail?

Refalgren

Question for the experts...

I keep getting told here on base that there is a kit for the 6.2l to convert it to a common rail system from the standard standyne IP. Is this true? If so, where would I get one?

JAsher45

untill you see with your eyes remember that is just a rumor... sure it would be nice... although that would mean having to add a computer to fire the injectors and installing a crank trigger like a on a 6.5 turbo. the Crap-o-dyne pump is only good for 25 hp per cylinder.. what would be nice is if the conversion had a different set of heads.. making it direct injection instead of indirect injection... sure there has been talk about a conversion in my shop but we have yet to see anything..and if it was out there i know my shop would see it..being the national maintenance training center..

Refalgren

that idea's off the books for now then...

Related though, where can I get my IP overhauled, and rebuilt with a tool steel piston sleeve and/or piston at low cost?

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks