• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Complete Noob... would like advice.

Butchy_Boy

Alright, so I don't know if there is an introductory page on this site, have explored alittle but haven't found what I was looking for.

Anyways, I was on the Jeep foru, [own a 2005 wrangler] and a guy posted a video of a 1969 Kaiser-Jeep offroading.

I fell in love.

I've always wanted a diesel, and a BA truck, that I could also take offroad. So while I start my months of research, I was wondering if someone could provide a list of differences in driving between a basic automobile, to a Deuce. What to look for, what to be prepared to do etc.

I enjoy driving just to drive, offroad and explore, and to do reinactments. Would love to get one of these babys up and running reliably so I could take it to car shows.

Anyways , if this thread needs to be moved to an appropriate thread, please tell me, thank you!

dk8019

Clinto nailed it, this is pretty much where I started, and they both served me well. This site is 2nd to none when it comes to tech information and resources. As mentioned before, if you buy one, you will likely buy another, and then a few trailers, etc. etc. The deals are just too good, the money you put into the hobby seems well worth it, and normally makes quite a good investment as well.

swbradley1

Modertator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Westfolk, Clinto and dk8019 are all correct when it comes to searching and reading.

I wanted one and ended up with two and 6 trailers (so far). Looking for my third truck now.

Welcome to the green addiction, better for you than Diprivan and less likely to cause death. (Unless you have a spouse who will kill you for buying one...)

sw

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Welcome to the Steel Soldiers Family!
Educate oneself by reading the TM.s We have made them available free of charge here on Steel Soldiers. Go to the top, click on resources then scroll down to technical manuals. Once there search for TM 9-2320-361-10 and TM 9-2320-361-20 as starters. Right click on them and save them to your computer for best results. The -10 is the operators and the -20 is the unit maintenance manual. You can also grab the TM 9-2320-361-34, TM 9-2320-361-20P and TM 9-2320-361-34P. That completes that series of TM. All of the 209 manuals are a different series.

Speddmon

Blind squirrel rehabiltator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I have nothing more to add about the driving differences, the guys above have covered things pretty well, read the manuals, search the forum for information, and you will probably want more than one...I DO!

That being said, Welcome aboard!!!!

dk8019

That's right, any time we want to....

The TM's are a great resource. Download the -10s and -20s and be prepared to spend some quality time getting to know the machine you hope to own.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks