• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Complete refilling of the cooling water, tips, tricks and points to watch out for with the 6.2 Detroit Diesel - M1009 / Chevrolet Blazer K5 6,2 Diesel

Elektroman99

Dear Steel Soldier Community,

A very simple question, it's about the complete change of the cooling water.

Is there a description of how to change the cooling water in the forum or in one of the technical manuals? If anyone knows the place in the technical information and manuals where this is mentioned, please let me know (name of the document and page).

What do I have to bear in mind when completely draining the cooling water system and refilling it? Are there any "special features" of the 6.2 L Detroit Diesel that I should know about?

Is there a suitable hose connection for draining the system?

I would be very pleased to receive your answers or references to further information.

Best regards
Elektroman99

Jeepadict

Start here. Go to this page and download everything you can except the LSSV and fire truck stuff.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

Elektroman99

@Jeepadict
Thank you very much for your answer.

Unfortunately - for me personally - I have the problem that I can't really get any further with the CUCV TM. I have them all here and yet I can't find any information on how to change the coolant completely.

That's why I'm asking here, because after several hours of TM research I just can't get any further.
That's why I'm asking here, because almost everyone here will have changed the coolant at least once in their time as a CUCV owner. I'm also asking specifically for tips and tricks to make the change easier or what you should pay attention to with the engine.

Best regards
Elektroman99

CARC686

Open the drain valve on the bottom of the radiator, stick a garden hose in the filler neck, turn the water on, and let the truck idle until you're satisfied. Shut the truck off, shut the water off, remove the hose, close the drain valve, fill the radiator with antifreeze, start the truck again, and keep filling it with antifreeze until it stops burping. Screw on the cap and drive on. I expect since you're in Europe, you'll have to capture everything that comes out of the radiator while you're doing this to avoid being fined. Hope you have a big container.

Edited to add, before you start messing with your 40 year old radiator, you might make sure a replacement is available in case you break it.