• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Compression coming back thru intake

EO2NMCB

Been using the TM-34, also did a search, but did not find much. When the truck was running it sounded like compression coming back thru the intake. Also alot of blue smoke out of the even cycls. Pulled the intake and vavle covers, all valves moving, push rod and rockers arm look good. When cranking with intake off, pink wire pulled, did not feel or hear compression coming back up? The rubber in the torsional damper looks good, did not look out of round when cranking. Any ideals before I have to pull the engine?

thanks all in advance.

85-m1028

not sure what you mean when you say "compression coming back through the intake" the intake is wide open and can sound very throaty or growly.

off the top off my head I'd say bad valve seals, posibly head gasket.
cracked head or pre cup..

you could pull the bad head and inspect it..

EO2NMCB

Update, ran a compression test this morring, #6 cyl about 50lbs lower than all others. Glow plow was oil fouled, all other GP's clean and normal. Went back to GP in # 6 after just cranking was fouled again. So bad head gasket or some thing in the head or does this sound like something in the lower end??

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks