• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

compressor - dumb question of the day

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I am guessing that your truck used to have an alcohol evap kit on it for cold weather use.

Gamagoat1

Guys with his knowledge and experience make this site what it is.

Mike, there's never a dumb question, just stupid answers. (Ask Government)

Last edited:

maddawg308

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I'm wondering whether or not this might be the reason why I have good air pressure, but the compressor never seems to shut off.

Thanks for the help, guys.

gringeltaube

Staff Member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I'm wondering whether or not this might be the reason why I have good air pressure, but the compressor never seems to shut off.
I don't think so.
First, before you plug it, put your finger on it, to find out if that filter needs to be cleaned. (eng. at high idle, air system empty!)
Second, what do you call "good air pressure"? A good working compressor AND regulator should "easily" reach and constantly maintain 120psi even in a system with some minor leaks. Reaching 120psi a de-compression device inside the compressor gradually comes into action, activated by the regulator. If that wasn't working correctly and with no air demand the safety valve on the first air tank would pop open at more or less 150psi. .... and that you will notice for sure!:smile:

G.

gimpyrobb

dumpsterlandingfromorbit!
GT, I have been told the dual piston compressors are rated about 7.5 cfm. Do you know how much the single piston pumps are rated? My single seems to build pressure way faster than the dual piston.

gringeltaube

Staff Member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I'll have to pass this Q. to other members (Bjorn...?) since I don't have any single pistons here to play - and compare with.:roll:

Also, there must be reasons for the change from dual to single piston... Anyone?

G.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks