• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Compressor Regulator Question

renovate7

Sometimes when I start up the pressure will build to 30 psi and stay there for quite a while then go to 120. Once it gets to 120 I occasionally hear something popping off under the hood. Nothings open or leaking. I think this truck sat for a year or so before I got it from GL. I did a search and found a reference to taking the regulator apart and cleaning/oiling. Has anyone done this? I also read where some have reduced the pressure to 100psi with an adjustment on the regulator. Should I leave it at 120 or reduce it? I'm the kind to not keep anything at the max if it's not necessary.

renovate7

I did some research in the 20 manual. Nothing about complete disassembly but it does tell now to adjust pressure. It says normal is 85-120 psi. The picture in the manual shows a cap unscrewing on the drivers side end and then a locknut on a screw. Turn screw 1/4 turn CW to increase and CCW to decrease. My regulator has a big hex head with a lock nut around it, does not look like what is in manual. I adjusted my pressure to 100 psi. Now if something goes wrong to the upside I can tell vs having it at 120 all the time. I'd still like to know if anyone has completely disassembled one of these and cleaned/oiled.

Norseland

Hello something else I noticed today, the pressure seems to be fine w/ my Duece, but it does go way up, near 120. After I shut down the engine 1 min' later I heard a pop.
Thats probably a pressure problem?

john

WillWagner

The Person You Were Warned About As A Child
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
They are very easy to disassemble and assemble. If it cuts out between 85 and 120 and cuts back in at around 60 to 90, you're good. Like John said, if after it sits a few mins, you heart a "pop" at the air governer, it's normal. The best way to see how it is put together, is to take it apart. Buy a new one and dis assemble your old one to see what makes it tick.

chuck500cc

On a side note. I just went and screened my truck and it was doing the same thing. I guess if you ask the same question enough you can get what you are looking for. Mine was peged at 120psi. and now I know how to deal with it. Thanks SS guys.

Chuck XD Fan