• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Concept ever tried by Military???

USAFSS-ColdWarrior

Chaplain
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
The following video (if I can successfully attach it) demonstates a VERY innovative trailering concept.

My question....
Has the military establishment ever experimented, tested, developed or produced any vehicles employing this 360 degree towing capability?

and here now (I hope) is the video.........

Attachments

Last edited:

fuzzytoaster

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I could see that going horribly wrong in the gov's hands. Keep It Simple Stupid, thats why the deuce stuck around so long. :cookoo::jumpin:

emr

Yea they were but they stoped making beatles again...:jumpin:.... Gee in a hundred years U would think maybe.....:mrgreen:...it sure is not diffucult.....:roll:....imagine how tall a vehicle would be if it would have the capacity to haul such loads carried by military standards and have all terrain capabilitys, it could also double as air port tower control.....[thumbzup]...I think they may have it under control with the PLS systems....sorry could not resist i feel better now....Randy

Last edited:

USAFSS-ColdWarrior

Chaplain
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Yea they were but they stoped making beatles again...:jumpin:.... Gee in a hundred years U would think maybe.....:mrgreen:...it sure is not diffucult.....:roll:....imagine how tall a vehicle would be if it would have the capacity to haul such loads carried by military standards and have all terrain capabilitys, it could also double as air port tower control.....[thumbzup]...I think they may have it under control with the PLS systems....
My thoughts exactly - in order to be as flexible as a Gama Goat the hitch/pivot-point woud have to be quite far above any other point on the vehicle - However, the 360 degree concept could have application with Missle Positioning, Aircraft Movements (Tugs) and several other applications.

wreckerman893

Possum Connoisseur
You would basically be driving a huge rig with the same visibility you have in an MG Midget.
Imagine being in something like that in a driving rain or snow storm.
Not me brother.....give me the M915 any day.
In a big rig you need to be able to see the big picture.