• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

connecting a tach to lmtv m1078

coachgeo

I am trying to put a tach on my m1078 , does anyone know where to connect the wires thanx. cb
there is a harness back behind the heater. You will likely have to pull the heater forward to reach it.

Many threads in here on the topic. A lot has to do with what tach your getting. some will pick up off the alternator.

might I suggest you search "install tach" and / or "install tachometer" and read thru those threads.... you'll find your answers and likely come up with new questions. Some of the youtube videos deal with the tach install too.

Last edited:

Third From Texas

No, but there are different TM (manuals) based on the type of truck (A0, A1, A1R).

You have an A0 and the TM for that truck is available (but the schematics in the back are a bit of a mess to understand).

As Geo said, there is a harness behind the heater that would accept a pigtail leading to the center-mounted tach on the winch trucks (that came with the tach). I do not know the plug or wire number offhand nor where it originates but there may be someone here who might know.

As Geo said, try a search specifying "This Forum" in the little dropdown to the right with a few variations of "tach". Someone has documented it here...

Ronmar

You are looking for P913 behind the heater. Pin 12 has a wire labeled 1550 on it. That is the signal from the ring gear magnetic pickup. It is referenced to ground.

Are you putting the tach there above the heater? Because the signal from the pickup first goes over under the drivers dash tot the “freq divider“ box, so you can also access it there on the left of the instrument panel...

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks