• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Converting completely from Sprage....to Air Shift...?

TiredIron

If'n a person with a stock 1977 M35A2 with the Sprage set up was wanting to
do the complete conversion to the Air Shift set up......what are the main components that would have to be changed. I'm trying to compare this against installing the REB
Sprage Removal kit.....that just gives you the floor engagement lever.

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Transfer case, air switch for the dash and associated air lines. There is also a bulkhead fitting where the air goes through the dash. Also a another bulkhead type fitting on the crossmember that anchors the end of the metal line when it changes to a braided line at the transfer case. In all reality, one can make whatever arrangements one can to get air to the transfer for engagement.

Gatnom

I'm sure someone knows what is needed to convert the sprag case into an air shift, but It has proven to be a problem for most who have tried. I think Monster Man was the last to try here, and I believe he eventually swapped the case for a complete air shift case. With that in mind, You would be looking at needing the transfer case, and a valve to shift it, as well as some tubeing to plumb it all up. I guess it depends on what prices you can find for the case ,valve, etc. I'm sure you have checked with Memphis for prices on the reb kit. There are some of those out there in trucks to be parted out as well. Are your sprags giving you trouble? Or are you just looking to get it out? Dave

ken

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I just swapped my sprag for a air shift a few months ago. It only took a few hours. As far as the valve goes I picked up a regular flapper valve from truck pro for $9. And i used some 1/4 inch rubber air hose to hook it up. It's one of the best improvements i've made to the truck.

spicergear

I happed across a parts truck with a REB kit already in the T-case and I really like it. I swapped my sprag case out and slapped that unspragged and REBbed case in. It is, however, the same idea...it's right there when you want it.

Hey Gatnom, next time you're heading down 322 toward H-burg, let me know. The farm is in Millerstown about half way between Lewistown and H-burg. I'll show you my 'fleet.'

Gatnom

Hey SG, Sounds good to me! I have to admit I don't get out that way too often. Between work and homestead building project, I'm staying pretty busy. I'm about 20 miles ENE of Altoona. Same goes if you make it this way! Dave

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks