• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Convince me I'm crazy

mk2spyder

I would rather have a crew cab than a regular cab on my MTVR, I have a line on a cheap M1070 with a blown engine, I am a decent fabricator with an excavator where its not a big deal for me to lift heavy things. Since most MTVR are sold these days with no doors roof etc.... and the cost of those items are insane, wouldn't it be easier to just swap the whole cab or use part of a cab from a regular commercial truck to finish off the otherwise low miles MTVR like the one I bought?

I like the look of the M1070 cab, why not just rob the cab off a cheap blown up one and cut out the firewall/dash/front of the floor and bond it to the existing firewall/floor that I already have? Has the added benefit of an extra roof mounted A/C unit (mine already has A/C), I know I would have to relocate the air intake and exhaust further back or somewhere else.

mk2spyder

That would be very helpful thank you. Specifically width at the firewall, bottom of the windshield, length from the firewall to the back of the cab, and width at the fenders, length of the hood.

I would imagine it is about 6" wider at the fenders than a MTVR.

simp5782

Feo, Fuerte y Formal
Supporting Vendor
Or go with a freightliner FL 4foor cab used in utility company trucks. They would be easier to adapt to the stock 7 ton hood

mk2spyder

For flex. Otherwise the fiberglass hood will snap pretty easy.
Yeah but it doesnt need to be a 3" gap, my H1 Hummer has a fiberglass hood and it rides WAY closer to the firewall. No wonder the modules and stuff mounted to the firewall go bad, I will be covering that gap with some simple rubber.

mk2spyder

At $18k I could buy a whole blown up M1070 HET rob the cab off it modify it for use with our firewall/floor and scrap the rest of the truck / sell the Transfer case to another MTVR owner that wants a higher top speed.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks