• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Convoy light install

FreightTrain

Banned
Does anyone have a good side shot showing how all the parts go together for a convoy light set?Got a partial kit from TNJ and want to try to install atleast half of it tomorrow.....err today....whatever day Friday is when you read this.

FreightTrain

Banned
well,crap.Loosely installed one light(only have 2 U bolts that came with the truck!) and found out the light hits the cargo cover.I can't put it down all the way.Luckly though,I planned on pinning it all the way up so it would clear the high rise cargo cover but guess this means I will need to measure the lights and mark my overall on the dash so I can be really really careful driving under low bridges.Suckers are gonna be WAY up there.I did notice why my windows are hard to roll up.Dang Hard top is slide forward at the top and the rear is canted forward a little.Guess I will be loosening it up and push it back a little.The joys of owning a MV....

FreightTrain

Banned
oh,looking at it close I guess at the lowest pin-able point it looks like it might clear the stock cover height but since my cover is jacked up I guess it hits.

FreightTrain

Banned
Nah,thanks.Got them from another feller here on SS.When I get off my lazy butt I am gonna scan them and send to mangus to add to the site.But I am still looking for U bolts.

Mike_Pop

I've got some convoy light U-bolts but unfortunately, they are in my garage in Nevada and I am in NJ for the next two months. If you are willing to wait, I can get them to you when I return home.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks