• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Cool Deuce Picture

WillWagner

The Person You Were Warned About As A Child
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
That's the first time i've seen the 465 referred to as a 7.8L.

FreightTrain

Banned
Ken,The same reason they need APCs.For a fun toy to play with.Even though,the M35 does have SOME uses for more rural police forces.Got someone lost way out in the mountians and the roads are too bad for a 4x4 on stock tires....Break out the big boy and load up the searchers.

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Because of the LESO plan where we can get almost free stuff. We have at work a rough terrain forklift, 2 deuces, 2 813s, M1008, HMMWV and support stuff such a gensets and water buffalos.

Towman2277

Another reason is if their town is in a flood-prone area. Our local P.D's use them to help stranded home owners after hurricanes, etc. They are also a great public-relations vehicle. You can sit in front of the court house, and several people that has never stopped before, will swing in and say hey and introduce themselves. I've had a neighbor for thirty years I never knew, until I got the 5-ton. He stopped by one day talking about Vietnam, and I have been pals with him ever since.

steelsoldiers

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
I know all about the flood prone areas unfortunately. There were some FD deuces around helping with rescue. They had a real big civi 4x4 IH truck that they used to haul all the govmt types folks and us biz owners through the flood waters to survey the sceen. My Mog came in very handy to get that last load of stuff out of our office. The water was about 24" deep when we left. Bleck.

That PD blue is a first for me. Like the light bar too.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks