• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Coolant and Oil Temp Sensor

Sharecropper

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Just measure them.
If the dang hole is approximately 1/2” across, then it is 1/4” NPT. If the hole is approximately 5/8” across, then it is 3/8” NPT. If the hole is approximately 3/4” across, then it is 1/2” NPT. I could go in and on. Got it?

Zeus51

Just measure them.
If the dang hole is approximately 1/2” across, then it is 1/4” NPT. If the hole is approximately 5/8” across, then it is 3/8” NPT. If the hole is approximately 3/4” across, then it is 1/2” NPT. I could go in and on. Got it?
Copy that..... you seem stressed?

chevymike

I just received the hmmwv crossover today. I thought the threaded port going to the water pump was going to be 1/2”NPT. But it seems bigger. Do you happen to know what it is?

Also aren’t the other ports on the top of the crossover 1/2” NPT?
That lower port is 3/4" npt. I used an adapter 3/4" to 1/2".

Top ports are 1/2". For my aftermarket gauge sending unit, I used 1/2" to 1/8" npt.

Also, the angle is different for the port to the water pump. I used a 45* molded hose.

Zeus51

That lower port is 3/4" npt. I used an adapter 3/4" to 1/2".

Top ports are 1/2". For my aftermarket gauge sending unit, I used 1/2" to 1/8" npt.

Also, the angle is different for the port to the water pump. I used a 45* molded hose.

Thank you sir!

chevymike

Thank you sir!
Here's a couple pics for ya

0104201123.jpg

45* hose (before adding clamps). I just cut down each leg to get the right fit
0105201526.jpg

Here is the bracket I made to raise the return line and still had to tweak it a little around that one port on the crossover.
0104201354a_HDR.jpg

HUMVEE crossover with Paradox by Design cooling kit. You can see their Hybrid kit allows you to put the 90* fitting into the top of the crossover. I moved the driver rear cooling port sender (for the glow plugs) up to the crossover and extended the wires. Pass side crossover port is where I put my temp sending unit.
0104201354_HDR.jpg

Zeus51

Here's a couple pics for ya

View attachment 795500

45* hose (before adding clamps). I just cut down each leg to get the right fit
View attachment 795501

Here is the bracket I made to raise the return line and still had to tweak it a little around that one port on the crossover.
View attachment 795502

HUMVEE crossover with Paradox by Design cooling kit. You can see their Hybrid kit allows you to put the 90* fitting into the top of the crossover. I moved the driver rear cooling port sender (for the glow plugs) up to the crossover and extended the wires. Pass side crossover port is where I put my temp sending unit.
View attachment 795503
Thanks for the pictures. It was helpful. I’m still waiting on some parts but I can get to working on the bracket today. Did you have any trouble out of the transmission vacuum line that runs over the passenger side rear port for the paradox system?

also, does the desert turtle have an Instagram page?

chevymike

Thanks for the pictures. It was helpful. I’m still waiting on some parts but I can get to working on the bracket today. Did you have any trouble out of the transmission vacuum line that runs over the passenger side rear port for the paradox system?

also, does the desert turtle have an Instagram page?
No, no issues with the vacuum lines. You have less room to work on that side to install the new port fitting but I was just able to move things out of the way enough to get it all installed.

Desert Turtle doesn't have an IG page per say but I do post up stuff I am working on it and my other vehicles. chevy_mike68 on IG. I have been keeping most of my primary info on the build thread in ExPo.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks