• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Coolant heater parts

spentshell

The last couple of days have been crudy outside so I have been cleaning up a coolant heater that somebody picked up for me at Gilbert.I'm on the lookout for some replacement parts that I need like the ducting,resistor and 3 way switch. If anyone can steer me in the right direction it would be much apreciated, also if somebody can post pics of the factory heater mount that would be great. Thanks Rich

Attachments

FormerNewMVGuy

I think TNJ Murry might have the mounting plates. Or you could just make your own, I think joe young used to use the top plate and just make uprights out of small angle iron on the frame side, If you search for heater install on the site ,i think you will find pictures of joe's installation

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Jatonka, has the mounting plates.

sgtrisk

I don't know for sure (I'd have to check the TM) but that switch appears to be a standard, run-of-the-mill switch available from auto parts stores, Radio Shack and other electronic shops, even Lowe's or Home Depot. It's either an SPDT (single-pole, double-throw), or an SPST (single-pole, single-throw). It probably has a center-off position? That would make it SPDT. Anyway, it's an inexpensive switch you can get about anywhere.

And if you knew the value of the resistor, you'd be looking at about the same solution.

Good luck with it! (I'm hoping to stumble across a complete (or nearly so) coolant heater to install in my M109. If anyone runs across one... (hint, hint...)
:)

spentshell

Looks like I'm on my way to heat, thanks to some SS members. The only thing left is the ducting which looks to be a Neoprene Air Duct Hose from what I can tell.I did find a switch today but im not sure if it will work, it has 6 legs instead of three? I finished the paint today wich by the way I am out of and Know I know what a drug addict feels like when out....

Attachments

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks