• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Coolant leak help

HardCorps79

So yesterday, it was about 10 degrees out when I started the M1009- probably the coldest start for her yet. When I got to work (only about a 1.5 mile drive), I noticed a small amount of coolant leaking from under the driver side- looked like it may have been coming from area around the overflow reservoir, but I couldn't find a leak point. It hasn't ever leaked before, and by the afternoon, when it was 40 degrees and I haven't had any more leaks. Any ideas?

dependable

In cold weather , your older radiator and heater tubes will tend to leak because cold shrinks the rubber and it is old and has lost some of its elasticity. A short term solution is to tighten up your hose clamps. Maybe start to think about replacing all the hoses when you can.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks