• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Coolant Leak

motormayhem

I cant tell for sure but my coolant level may have dropped a bit. What does a bad head gasket look/feel like. Exhaust is clear, no bubbles when it is running with the rad cap off, starts right up, coolant looks a little rusty after it has ran a while and is green when it has sat, oil is black.

joeypushjr1

is your coolent level low light comming on ? mines been comming on when its cold but my level is just fine everytime i check it . but if i plug it in and keep temp up on my block heater my level low light wont come on.. so its possiable theres a indicator malufunction.

motormayhem

No the low light isn't coming on I just noticed that 3 weeks ago I replaced the overflow reservoir and filled it to the cool line and when I checked it tonight the level was about 1/2 way from cool line to empty overflow tank. The radiator was full. I knew the coolant would go down before, but that was because my overflow tank was cracked and anything that would go into it would leak out. I did a little more checking and the coolant is a reddish brown (like this rock color the darker red rocks http://www.my-photo-blog.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/10/moab-red-rock.jpg) when the engine has been run. When you drain from the drain petcock on the radiator it is also this color. There is no "oil slick" in the coolant and the coolant doesn't feel oily. Occasionally when I am sitting at a light I see a tiny bit of smoke out of both tailpipes but nothing bad. you can only see it when you look for it.

ralbelt

My coolant level started going down and I have white smoke coming out the left exhaust. This started after the engine hydro locked due to a leaking injector. Had the injectors rebuilt and the engine never ran so good and quieter. After a few miles the smoke started so it appears that I have a blown head gasket.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks