• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Coolant temperature control(glow plug switch, PART NUMBERS

trucker 1954

Can any one help me with a part number for a Coolant temperature control(glow plug switch, 1986 6.2 has black and yellow wires with a single pole plug thanks great site

rlwm211

According to the 34P manual here it is

The Technical Manuals are available at www.jatonkam35s.com in the cucv TM section

Here is the description:

SENSOR,TEMPERATURE INCLUDES 1
ADAPTER FOR TWO TERMINAL SWITCH TO
CONNECT TO ONE TERMINAL WIRING

HARNESS

This sensor was used in the L4 and V6 engines for the Fiero amongst others. Even if you have the original sensor you can test it, either to ground, or to the two wires that connect to the sensor. Here are the resistance values and they are temperature based. I would add these RARELY go bad in the civilian sector.
:

From what I can tell the replacement sensor is a standard GM Coolant temperature Sensor. here is some information for testing it.

The coolant sensor (to the ECM) varies the resistance.
The Pontiac Service Manual lists:
(approximate)
F C OHMS
210 100 185
160 70 450
100 38 1800
70 20 3400
40 4 7500
20 -7 13500
0 -18 25000
-40 -40 100700

I would ask if yuou have checked the solenoid that actually operates the glowplugs?

RL

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks