• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Cooling system questions

Don-T

I have the heads from my 6.2 at the machine shop getting fixed. they are warped 0.004". The shop thinks the engine likely was overheated to some extent. I don't know enough about these engines to diagnose the cooling system but I bet people here do. I did notice both the block and heads have six coolant holes between the center cylinders where the heads are warped while the head gaskets appear to not have passages in the same locations. Is it normal to block the coolant flow to the heads in the center like that to force it to the rear of the engine? Is this good or bad? Should the new head gaskets have some sort of holes to allow coolant flow from the block to the head in the center, or just rely on coolant flow from front to back in the block and back to front in the heads?

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks