• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Couple hour road trip possible

TomTime

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Check with local heavy tow services where the truck is located. I had a short haul to get my truck home and it was cheaper for a tow service to tow it then to load on a tractor-trailer.
Just FYI.

Larry S.

Check with local heavy tow services where the truck is located. I had a short haul to get my truck home and it was cheaper for a tow service to tow it then to load on a tractor-trailer.
Just FYI.
The company I work for has tractors and lowboys but I only have a class b license. I've been asking for a price to haul it but they haven't come through yet. I think I would prefer it being hauled instead of towed. If they tow it at 65-70 mph I'd be afraid of it throwing a driveshaft!

simp5782

Feo, Fuerte y Formal
Supporting Vendor
The company I work for has tractors and lowboys but I only have a class b license. I've been asking for a price to haul it but they haven't come through yet. I think I would prefer it being hauled instead of towed. If they tow it at 65-70 mph I'd be afraid of it throwing a driveshaft!
You don't need a cdl in a commercial vehicle to move your own property. It falls under the personal conveyance regulation

TomTime

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Well, if you lift tow you would have to remove the two rear drive shafts or axle shafts form the last two axles, if they can be removed (not sure on that, on my M1083A1 they can).

If it is in good condition and is drivable then drive it, it looks like it's under 90 miles. Not sure about PA but in MD you only need the class license for the type of vehicle your operating and for Maryland that would be a class B non-CDL license (vehicle over 26,001 lbs GVWR and/or with a trailer under 10,000 lbs. GVWR). Check with PENNDOT.

Simp5782 is correct! It is how your vehicle is being use and your use would be non-commercial at that point.

But with that said, you have to do what you feel comfortable with.

Congratulation on your purchase and Good luck!

Larry S.

Well, if you lift tow you would have to remove the two rear drive shafts or axle shafts form the last two axles, if they can be removed (not sure on that, on my M1083A1 they can).

If it is in good condition and is drivable then drive it, it looks like it's under 90 miles. Not sure about PA but in MD you only need the class license for the type of vehicle your operating and for Maryland that would be a class B non-CDL license (vehicle over 26,001 lbs GVWR and/or with a trailer under 10,000 lbs. GVWR). Check with PENNDOT.

Simp5782 is correct! It is how your vehicle is being use and your use would be non-commercial at that point.

But with that said, you have to do what you feel comfortable with.

Congratulation on your purchase and Good luck!
I'm thinking I'll end up driving it home on a Sunday morning with a chase vehicle. I know the deuce is a non cdl truck. I was refer to driving a tractor and trailer myself to haul it.

Larry S.

I believe it's a good solid truck. I just don't want to hammer it down the highway that far if I don't have to and with it being winter I'd rather not deal with a breakdown in the cold!

TomTime

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I'm thinking I'll end up driving it home on a Sunday morning with a chase vehicle. I know the deuce is a non cdl truck. I was refer to driving a tractor and trailer myself to haul it.
Got it.

Good luck!

Karl kostman

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Take a look at all the fluids, and YES I do mean all. Trans Diffs transfer case engine coolant everything. Test the brakes well and make sure fluids is up to level then go through filters unless you KNOW they have been changed. Drive it around a few miles before starting out and drive it the rest of the way, wouldnt hurt to have a chase vehicle but if look things over well before you start out you will likely do fine! Bring earplugs if its a stock truck!

Larry S.

The deuce is paid for and the title and plate transferred. One our tractor drivers is going to haul it for me within the next few weeks. The previous owner has the 9 extra tires and wheels loaded up. Still pondering weather or not to cap the stack before hauling it. Probably will. Not worth finding out the hard way if the rumors are true! Thanks for all the answers and opinions. It was 12 degrees where it's at this morning and it fired up with minimal sputtering!

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks